Educators who deliver trainings or workshops, in addition to their experience and knowledge of their profession, should also have competences and skills in the areas of techniques and tools of running training groups. Without additional competences, trainings/workshops are ineffective, unattractive, often useless or the same as elsewhere. The ability to transfer knowledge is particularly important during those practical trainings. This is also the case with expert knowledge in catering - no chef, bartender or waiter will learn the professions in theory.
Based on the experience of partner organizations, we would like to build the standard of HORECA trainers' competence and ready-to-use educational materials. Beneficiaries will be equipped with tools for anyone who would like to improve their competence and skills in training for HORECA in the package of coaching and interpersonal competencies. Based on our own experiences and interviews with HORECA trained trainers, we have identified three occupational standards for which we develop and validate the educational pathways within the project:
- waiter trainer (training for waiters).
1. Research on expectations, held competences, lack of competences among HORECA trainers and educators.
2. Developing the competency standards of the VET coach in the HORECA industry together with the preparation of the educational platform.
3. Validation - testing the worked out solutions During the first phase of the project, experts / specialists / researchers from each Partner’s country will be present.
HORECA employees, employers, entrepreneurs, trainers and educators will also be included in this study to fully comprehensively involved in this process. The interviews, surveys, focus studies will be carried with them. The second phase of the project will involve experts and trainers working in vocational training field, NVQ trainings, adult education in the HORECA industry, as well as graphic designers, programmers and IT professionals to work on the technical side and creation of the platform.
The third phase of the project will be implementation and testing the worked out solutions - here all people willing to take a part in workshops and trainings will be invited to take a part in in the training with the use of all standards.
1) A study report from 3 Partner countries
2) Competence standards for VET trainers in the HORECA industry
3) Educational platform
4) Training modules for the three VET trainer’s competency standards in the HORECA industry.
5) VET Trainer Validation Report in the HORECA Industry.
The increased level of competence of trainers who train in the HORECA industry will have an impact on the functioning and development of the entire industry in the international environment. Trainers with adequate skills and qualifications will be able to better train others and will provide knowledge to employees or future employees, potential candidates in the touristic industry. The staff will be better prepared - it will improve the functioning of the business - hotels, restaurants and will contribute to the development of the whole industry.